Belmont International School‘s mission is to develop curious, knowledgeable, and caring young individuals, who will be equipped to tackle head-on the challenges of our modern-day “global village.” They will aspire to become responsible and productive citizens, who will contribute to their communities, and embrace and respect people from other cultures and walks of life.
Belmont International Schoolwas established in 1977 by Mrs. Yasmeen Murshed. It was founded to provide a balanced and well-rounded education for students, using English as the primary medium of instruction but placing equal emphasis on Bangla.
The customized curriculum builds the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that students need to succeed in their academic and professional careers after school. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves, their peers, and their teachers in a setting that gives them confidence and builds their skills to think independently.
In the sun-scorched summer of 1977, an ambitious and determined woman negotiated to rent a two-storied building for a school, just off the main road near Dhanmondi Lake. Mrs. Yasmeen Murshed wanted to call the school “Belmont International School “, a purposeful response to the need for an organized school-leaving course in Bangladesh using English as the medium of instruction.
Mrs. Murshed began her career in education as a teacher in various institutions and after the Liberation War, she began teaching small groups of students at home, which led to the establishment of ‘Belmont International School Tutorial’ in 1977. The school slowly grew and developed under her leadership and now, called ‘Belmont International School‘, it is situated in several locations in the city, including Dhanmondi, Uttara, Gulshan, and Uttara.
The school is currently managed by her daughter, Syeda Madiha Murshed, and Mrs. Murshed remains on the board of management. Madiha is the Managing Director and is responsible for the overall operations and development of the school.
Over the years, the school has changed and developed significantly, and yet it has retained its essential characteristics-striving for the highest standards in education while emphasizing whole child development through sports, events, the arts, and all kinds of other extra-curricular. Belmont International School continues to be one of the largest and most highly-regarded private schools in Bangladesh.
Aims and Vision
Belmont International School aims to…
- Promote a strongly rooted knowledge of, and involvement with, national heritage, culture, and language.
- Develop students’ intellectual, creative, and moral qualities as well as practical skills at the highest possible level.
- Develop discipline as well as healthy self-esteem in students.
- Develop students’ skills and abilities to meet global challenges, and to be responsible citizens.
- Encourage students to develop positive attitudes to learn with trust, confidence, curiosity, responsibility, and independence.
- Build strong foundations for further academic development.
- Promote opportunities for success in the areas of students’ strengths and develop skills to overcome challenges.
- Develop students’ study habits and instill the desire to become accomplished human beings.
- Develop social awareness and a sense of responsibility amongst students.
- Focus on each student as a unique individual and address their needs accordingly.
- Encourage the development of every aspect of a student by considering all facets of childhood development.
And we have a vision of excellence…
Belmont International School continues to be a pioneer in education in Bangladesh. The management of the school pursues development and improvement relentlessly.
What makes Belmont International Schoolone of the premier schools in the country? We believe it is:
- our emphasis on training for faculty and management
- our attention to whole child development through extra-curricular activities
- our respect for each and every student who is treated as an individual
- our aspirations to implement international best practices in teaching
- our investment in technology to enhance the quality of our services
- our development of custom-built campuses that boast excellent facilities for sports, visual and performing arts, and leadership opportunities
These are the principles on which we continue to improve and develop our academic program, facilities and services. And these are the principles that underlie our success and excellent reputation today.
We are proud of our two custom-built campuses in Uttara and Uttara. These facilities allow us to provide safe and comfortable environments for learning, as well as state-of-the-art infrastructure that rivals schools at a global level.
Each of the custom-built campuses has been carefully designed and provides numerous facilities for our faculty and students, including:
- Spacious and comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms
- An indoor multi-purpose hall, used for events, performances, and sports
- Outdoor hard-courts that host sports tournaments throughout the year
- Fully equipped labs for biology, chemistry, physics, and computer studies
- Cafeteria and fully-operational canteen services
- Fully stocked bookshop and fee collection booth
Our campus in Uttara, more recently built, also houses a swimming pool.
Together with these two custom-built campuses, we have five more campuses in Dhanmondi, Gulshan, and Uttara, which are rented. In order to ensure safe and comfortable environments for learning, we have renovated these rented premises and customized them to maximize the school’s facilities.
All our classrooms are air-conditioned, and we have designed them to provide comfortable, safe, and positive learning environments for our students.
Our Educational Philosophy
In Belmont International School, we implement modern, international best practices in education. We believe in teaching that…
- is student-focused,
- is thought-provoking and creative
- takes into account the needs of individuals and
- prepares students for the real world.
We teach our students to be…
- independent learners: we don’t tell them everything, we encourage them to learn for themselves
- curious: we encourage them to ask questions and challenge us and each other
- critical thinkers: we ensure students understand what they are learning, rather than just memorizing what they read or hear
- willing to take challenges: we push students to think at higher levels and apply their skills, rather than being intimidated by new types of questions or tasks
- creative: : we encourage students to apply imagination and think outside-the-box, and we reward students who go beyond the book or what they have been taught.
All subjects are taught using interactive and activity-based methods. Asking questions is always encouraged and students are given opportunities to share their own opinion and think critically about the issues at hand. Important skills are also developed through the academic program, so that students are able to keep on learning even after they graduate.
Ascent Group offers diversified career opportunities for hard-working, ambitious individuals who are seeking dynamic working environments for professional growth. Not only do we recruit teaching professionals, but we also employ management personnel for our academic and non-academic units.
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
General Manager – HR
Belmont International School Limited
When submitting the CV, candidates are requested to mention the position for which they are applying in their cover letter.
News and Updates
Belmont International School Announcements
Announcements of 2020-2021
Admission Announcement: Playgroup Admission for the 2021-2022 session is now open for our Uttara, Dhanmondi, Gulshan, and Uttara Campuses.
Mar 26: Tashin Rahman Mahin, a student of Class III, of the Senior Campus Uttara, was announced as a winner in “পতাকা উৎসব” organized by সিসিমপুর.
Feb 21 to Mar 10: Zahra Nabiha Mujtaba, a Class VI student of the Senior Campus Uttara, became a winner in the Junior Category of the Bangladesh Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2021.
Feb 21 to Mar 10: Aynun Nishat Ferozi, a student of Class VI of the Senior Campus Uttara, became a winner in the Junior Category of the Bangladesh Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2021.
Jan 28 to 30: Jamil Farhan Sakief, a student of Class VIII of the Senior Campus Uttara, secured the First position in two tournaments of the online event “Belmont International School Interschool Mathematics Summit”.
Dec 28: Saif Al-Imam Shota, of Class XII of the Senior Campus Uttara, became the first-ever GENIUS in Bangladesh in ‘The Daily Star GENIUS’, quiz competition.
Sep 18: The Novice Team of the Senior Campus Uttara Debate Club became the Novice Champions in the ‘BDC Fempowerment’ organized by the Bangladesh Debating Council.
Aug 5 to 7: The Math team of Senior Campus Uttara became Champions in the “Belmont International School International Mathematics Summit 2020″ in the School Versus School Showdown segment, Junior Category.
To view the announcements during 2019-2020 please click here
To view the announcements during 2018-2019 please click here
To view the announcements during 2017-2018 please click here
To view the announcements during 2016-2017 please click here
To view the announcements during 2015-2016 please click here
To view the announcements during 2014-2015 please click here
To view the announcements during 2013-2014 please click here
Belmont International School Newsletter
Every term, we issue a Newsletter that captures the main achievements, news, and happenings on our campuses. Read past issues by clicking on the links below:
Newsletter First Term 2019-2020
To view the newsletters during 2018-2019 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2017-2018 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2016-2017 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2015-2016 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2014-2015 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2013-2014 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2012-2013 please click here
To view the newsletters during 2011-2012 please click here
Belmont International School in the Press
Read about Belmont International School in the news!
June 2021: The Daily Star Virtual Graduation ceremony of Belmont International School ends.
June 2021: বাংলা ট্রিবিউন স্কলাসটিকার ভার্চুয়াল শিক্ষা সমাপনী সম্পন্ন
June 2021: প্রথম আলো স্কলাস্টিকার ভার্চ্যুয়াল শিক্ষা সমাপনী অনুষ্ঠিত
Dec 2020: The Daily Star Saif Al-Imam Shota from the Senior Campus Uttara became the first-ever GENIUS in the Daily Star GENIUS competition.
Nov 2020: The Daily Star Raynul Huda Chowdhury from the Senior Campus Uttara became champion at the Daily Star GENIUS.
Nov 2020: BanglaNews24.com Abu Rakin Saleh won the Bronze award in the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition.
Oct 2020: RTV Online Tahseen Signs for Spanish Club.
Oct 2020: TechZoom.tv Belmont International Schooland GrameenPhone’s Joint Webinar.
Oct 2020: Lalsobujerkotha.com Belmont International School and GrameenPhone Jointly arranged Webinar.
Oct 2020: Banglanews24.com Belmont International School and GrameenPhone’s Joint Webinar.
Oct 2020: NTV Online Belmont International School and Grameenphone Jointly Arranged Webinar.
Oct 2020: Dhaka Tribune Tahseen Joins Spanish Club.
Oct 2020: The Daily Star Saif AL Imam Shota of Senior Campus Uttara Participated in The Daily Star GENIUS.
Oct 2020: The Daily Star Tahseen Signs for Spanish Club.
Sep 2020 – Dhaka Tribune Belmont International School Managing Director Madiha Murshed in Straight Talk with Zafar Sobhan
Sep 2020 – Dhaka Tribune Maintaining The Quality of Education
Aug 2020 – The Daily Star Belmont International School Organises International Mathematics Summit 2020
To view the press release during 2019-2020 please click here
To view the press release during 2018-2019 please click here
To view the press release during 2017-2018 please click here
To view the press release during 2016-2017 please click here
To view the press release during 2015-2016 please click here
To view the press release during 2014-2015 please click here
To view the press release during 2013-2014 please click here
House# 43, Road# 04, Uttara, Dhaka-1230.
6803 Dickens, Khulna.